Thursday, February 9, 2012

A little inspiration

My life has been changing fast and knee deep in I was starting to freak out. Everything is different, nothing can be the same, I don't know what to do, where to go, or how to do it. Life was depressing, stressful and just plain negative. Eventually it became too much and I broke down, "who cares I'm just a nobody, who will accomplish nothing because life doesn't want me to be happy."
One day I woke up tired of it, I drained myself empty with all my pessimism. Still stressed, still depressed, still feeling attacked by the world, but now I want to do something about it. You can't just instantly get rid of all your negative ways but you can pair it and over power it with something positive. Focus on the positive aspect, even if its minuscule. Build on the positive thinking until negative thoughts are forgotten.
A little inspirational food for thought I worked on to make myself a happier more resourceful person.

  • Find your passion, something that moves you, that makes you happy and work for it. Be it taking up a craft, hobby, relaxing more, traveling, anything personally important to you. Finding time for yourself is finding time for living.
  • When a chance comes along, take hold of it. And remember consequences are not good or bad, they're changes. When life changes let it, no one said it would be easy, but in the end it's always worth it.
  • Life is too short for regret, so love the people who treat you right and forgive the ones that wronged you. Find a reason to laugh every time you can and smile to everyone you meet. Every moment you fill with anger or regret is a moment of happiness lost.
  • Life/World/God never throws anything at you, they all challenge you with opportunities. Sometimes these challenges can seem easy sometimes hard, but remember its never an attack, that mindset only leads to fear and negative thinking. Instead see it as opportunities, a learning experience, or even make it a game (life taken too seriously is a life not lived). An optimistic stance might be hard because it's far less work to find the wrong and negative, but it's also far more exhausting to think that way. Take responsibility, take on your challenges with a positive outlook and see how your response changes for the better.
Now go look in the mirror and tell yourself everyday, "I am wonderful and I am brave," then take on the world and all it has to offer.

No comments: